Sunday, January 8, 2012

Indecent Exposure

I've read about this happening, mostly in funny stories about parenthood or cornball movies.  But it happened to me.  Well, to us.  That's right, IT happened.  I know you're all dying to know what the hell I'm talking about, so I will share this embarrassing story because I do not care about my personal dignity as much as I care about making you laugh.

Meike walked in on us the other night.  Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Total mood killer.  Luckily, the room was dark and we were still partially clothed.  All she could have possibly seen was Jonathan hunched over on the bed without a shirt on, so it wasn't exactly X-rated.  Thank God.  I don't even remember why she had to come in the room.  Maybe she had to pee and needed the bathroom light on or something.  Yeah, that was it; we bought one of those light switch extension things for kids the next day.

So, as I'm getting Meike back to bed, she says to me, "What was Jon-Jon doing to you?"  It was such a classic cliche parenting moment.  I immediately burst out laughing, which was the exact opposite of what I should have done.  By laughing, I seared the moment into Meike's pretty little brain as something amusing.  I laughed so hard I had to pee.  I couldn't even answer her, because I couldn't catch my breath.  Thankfully, she didn't ask again.  I think she has forgotten about it.

That one innocent query did manage to ruin the rest of the night, in terms of further... fun.  Each time Jonathan tried to re-initiate, I would burst out laughing and say, "What was Jon-Jon doing to you?"  I couldn't get it out of my head.

We will be investing in locks in the future.

2 comments:

  1. lol this is too funny-classic though well it could have been worse, it could have been well lit in there or you guys could have been in some crazy position -that really would have confused confused the poor thing or given her the impression you were being attacked. lol luckily shes young and likley to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my cat poops on your lawn.

    ReplyDelete