Friday, February 18, 2011

A New Beginning

The title is cheesy, I know... but it really sums up where I am in my life at this point.  It's been a rocky few months.  It feels like my previous existence has been bulldozed, so here I am building it back up...

When Meike was born, I had every intention of scrapbooking every moment of her fascinating little life.  Three days and about fifteen full-bed-linen changes later, I knew it was going to be hard to keep up.  Now here I am with another baby on the way, hoping once again to document it all.  I feel guilty as I look through the half-completed baby books that get emptier as the pages flip by.  I'm pretty good about uploading pictures to Facebook, so I figured I'd be more likely to succeed if I was able to just upload photos, rather than have to get them printed to put in books. 

So this is my second attempt to document my children's childhoods.  Even though Meike and Luke (current forerunner for baby #2s name) are growing up without the daily interaction of our dearest family members and friends, I hope to keep you all abreast (literally, with the new baby coming and Meike's current fascination with "boobies") of their development and milestones.  Mostly, I just want to share and remember all of the hilarious things that my kids say and do!  I hope you all find their antics as entertaining as I do!

P.S. The blog is named after the words we've diligently chosen to have our kids use for their "private parts."  We were obviously going for very technical and proper terminology, not just the funniest, yet fitting, words we could think of... ah, the perks of parenthood.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud you for this effort. Both Luke and Mieke will appreciate this! I have no idea what you've been through but I do consider you a friend and I stalk your daughter (insert evil laugh).

    We should go to the clay making place with the kiddos. I'd like to take O.

    Welcome back girly

    ReplyDelete