Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Positive Direction

Bunny and Duck are made out of playdough. Jonathan challenged me to replicate the rabbit from the playdough ad. Duck was created to keep Bunny company for a few minutes until Meike decided to smoosh them both, while laughing meniacly (I do worry sometimes...).

     Overall, Meike seems to be settling down into our new home routine. All of the changes over the past few months have been rough on her. She missed Jonathan while he was out of the home and was always asking for him to "stay forever" when he visited. She is happy to have him back in the home.  It seems that she's even developed more fondness for him; she'll sit on his side of a booth when we go out, or will ask him to hold her instead of me. Mama is no longer the unequivicable preferred standard (which is a load off my shoulders).   

 These are the pictures that I took during a yummy breakfast at the Pancake House. 
I'll have to ask Jonathan for his pictures from that morning,
which detail Meike licking whipped cream out of a bowl like a cat.

      Meike started sleeping in my bed in December after Jonathan had been out of the home for about a week.  It was a great comfort for her; she stopped avoiding bed time, stopped waking up at night, and was less often wetting the bed.  She is still sleeping in my bed a majority of the time.  Otherwise, she wets whatever not-Mama's-bed she's sleeping in at the time. 

     We bought her a pop-up tent as a reward for being a good helper (we have a chart with stickers and everything).  She was very excited and wanted to sleep in the tent.  So I'm trying to transition her out of my bed and into the tent.  I tried just putting her back in her room in the tent, but she peed three sets of pjs before I just pulled her back into my bed.  She is consistently dry when she sleeps in my bed and she's been doing well with the tent in my room.  It's just such a process.  I'm not in a rush for her to be independent, but I do want her to feel secure.  Advice is welcome, unless you plan to tell me that I should stick her in her own bed and make her deal with it.  That line of advice is most definitely not welcomed.

     All this talk of sleeping arrangements might make one wonder...so where does Jonathan fit into all of this?  He fits quite well in the guest bed or on the couch.  Honestly, I've been kicking him out for being a Snore-o-saurus for a while, so it wasn't any big change for us.

1 comment:

  1. We don't have that problem with Oliver (as in he sleeps anywhere, anytime, and he also pees anywhere anytime)but I think having her sleep with you and/or Jon is good. She is clearly just needing comfort at night...and hey, I still do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete