Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On with the Show!

So here I am at 36 weeks and 5 days... and this baby is all but falling out.  I've experienced basically every possible indication that the onset of labor is imminent:

  • The baby "dropped" around two weeks ago.  Yay I can eat a full meal!  Boo I have to pee every 15 minutes.
  • I have "false labor" contractions where my lower abdomen gets rock hard at regular intervals for hours at a time.  Good practice, I guess??
  • About ten days ago, the OB checked me and I was 3cm dilated and 70% effaced.  I didn't have him check me at my appointment this week because it hurts like a mo-fo to have it done and the only purpose it would serve is to satisfy my curiousity.
  • The OB also said that the baby's head was at 0 station, so he's fully engaged in my pelvis.  This explains the unpleasant lightening-strike shocks I get through my groin/hip/upper thigh area when I'm walking.; It's knocked me down a few times and I'm afraid that it's going to be the "straw-that-broke-the-camel's will to decline an epidural" if it continues through active labor/pushing.
  • A few days ago, I lost my mucus plug (aka "bloody show," though it wasn't so bloody-TMI, I know).  This is supposed to mean that delivery is a week away, max. Ha!
I suppose I shouldn't be complaining yet since I'm still about a month shy of my due date.  The OB assures me that I will not make it to May 20th, but is reluctant to give a more specific timeline.  I bought way too much "newborn" size clothing, so he needs to get out and use them!

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart, be thankful. You have no idea what it feels like to lose one and to not be able the get pregnant again. Be thankful for the pain and icky of those last few weeks of pregnancy. You'll get there and I bet (he'll) be adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete